shrink fromphrasal verb
shrank from or shrunk from; shrunk from or shrunken from; shrinking from; shrinks from
Definition of shrink from
: to try to avoid (something difficult or unpleasant) : to be unwilling to do (something) He doesn't shrink from telling the truth, no matter how painful it may be. She won't shrink from the task.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- The Exceptions Quiz III Take the quiz
- Musical Words Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game