short-sheeted; short-sheeting; short-sheets
Definition of short-sheet
1 : to arrange usually as a playful trick the top sheet on a bed in a way that leaves no space for the feet of a person getting into the bed Somebody short-sheeted my bed at summer camp.
2 : to give (someone) less than what is expected or deserved Our school district was short-sheeted by the state government.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game