share outphrasal verb
shared out; sharing out; shares out
Definition of share out
(Entry 1 of 2)
: to divide (something) into parts and give the parts to different people In her will, she shared out her property to her nephews and nieces.
Definition of share-out (Entry 2 of 2)
: an act of dividing something into parts and giving them to two or more people There was an equal share-out of the money.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game