shan·ny | \ ˈshani\
shan·ny | \ ˈshanē\
Definition of shanny (Entry 2 of 2)
: a small European blenny (Blennius pholis) that is olive green with irregular dark spots and has no appendages on the head
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?