Definition of Shannon
(Entry 1 of 2)
Claude Elwood 1916–2001 American mathematician and computer scientist
Definition of Shannon (Entry 2 of 2)
river 230 miles (370 kilometers) long in western Ireland flowing south and west into the Atlantic Ocean
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Bounty Hunter': A Hollywood Invention
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game