Definition of seventy-fifth
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : being number 75 in a countable series the seventy-fifth day — see Table of Numbers
2 : being one of 75 equal parts into which something is divisible a seventy-fifth share of the money
Definition of seventy-fifth (Entry 2 of 2)
1 : number 75 in a countable series
2 : the quotient of a unit divided by 75 : one of 75 equal parts of something one seventy-fifth of the total
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Looking at ‘Bothsidesing’
- On ‘Infringe,’ ‘Encroach,’ and ‘Impinge’
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/20/19
- A Note on the Nonbinary 'They'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?