Definition of seventy-eighth
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : being number 78 in a countable series the seventy-eighth day — see Table of Numbers
2 : being one of 78 equal parts into which something is divisible a seventy-eighth share of the money
Definition of seventy-eighth (Entry 2 of 2)
1 : number 78 in a countable series
2 : the quotient of a unit divided by 78 : one of 78 equal parts of something one seventy-eighth of the total
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?