Definition of self-transformation
: the act, process, or result of transforming oneself And then, like an epiphany, [Cindy] Fricke's self-acceptance sparked self-transformation. … Fricke lost 130 pounds in one year, while feeling "this time was different." — Cate Jones Ahead is my step-by-step guide for going on your own journey of self-transformation, without the fear of having to shave your whole head after a slip of the scissors.— Maia Rabenold especially : a transforming of one's own thoughts, actions, or behavior spiritual self-transformation My abiding faith in the possibility of self-transformation propelled me from one therapist to the next … — Daphne Merkin
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game