Definition of self-therapy
: therapeutic treatment of oneself especially for the purpose of coping with one's personal or emotional problems tools for self-therapy used meditation as self-therapy In a sense the confessional poem can be seen as a kind of self-therapy, the poem itself a way of relieving the psychological tension building in the poet.— Maxine Kumin … nearly 50% of the respondents said they write a blog because it serves as a form of self-therapy. — Computerworld
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game