Recent Examples of chemotherapy from the Web
Trump apparently fights his war against the media in the fashion in which toxic chemotherapy battles cancer.
Baird started five rounds of chemotherapy last March, but the mantle cell kept coming back.
All of the people in the study had received several rounds of chemotherapy but their cancer returned.
Puhl then endured 33 rounds of radiation treatment and two rounds of chemotherapy, running up thousands of dollars in medical expenses.
Nolan began chemotherapy treatment on May 1 at Barbara Bush Children's Hospital at Maine Medical Center in Portland.
The day after Kyle Brainard’s chemotherapy treatments ended, preseason football practice began.
Emma was to begin her final of three rounds of chemotherapy this week.
Below, the show's standout moments: Julia Louis Dreyfus wins awards for Veep in absentia The beloved actress is finishing chemotherapy treatment, but received her Best Actress in a TV Comedy and Ensemble awards from her couch.
These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'chemotherapy.' Views expressed in the examples do not represent the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors. Send us feedback.
Origin and Etymology of chemotherapy
First Known Use: 1910See Words from the same year
CHEMOTHERAPY Defined for English Language Learners
medical Definition of chemotherapy
- Pyrazinamide is one of the most important drugs in modern chemotherapy of tuberculosis …
- —Max Salfinger et al., The Journal of the American Medical Association, 22 Mar. 1995
- Cancer cells mutate at a furious rate, and they can evolve the means to resist most chemotherapy drugs, requiring higher and more toxic doses to achieve an effect.
- —Shannon Brownlee and Nancy Shute, U.S. News & World Report, 18 May 1998
- Neutropenia and infection are major dose-limiting side effects of chemotherapy.
- —Jeffrey Crawford et al., The New England Journal of Medicine, 18 July 1991
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up chemotherapy? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).