:of or relating to the treatment of disease or disorders by remedial agents or methods :curative, medicinal
- They confirmed the therapeutic effect of supplemental light in treating winter depression with phototherapy.
- —Richard Wurtman and Judith Wurtman
- A just-right amount is the therapeutic dose, just enough to provide the intended effect without problems.
- —Paul G. Donohue
:having a beneficial effect on the body or mind
- Warm lotion manicures … are a luxurious, therapeutic treat …
- … they painted, hoed, swept, and planted when the mood for therapeutic work struck them, and lolled on the beach when they felt like it.
- —David Guterson
:producing a useful or favorable result or effect
- In classical economics, before the illusion of fine-tuning became widespread, recessions were regarded as therapeutic.
- —Geoffrey Smith and Jane Sasseen