Definition of self-satirizing
: tending or serving to make fun of or criticize oneself by means of satire self-satirizing humor The interviewer is played by a gamely self-satirizing George Harrison …— D. J. Taylor In his [Jerry Seinfeld's] self-satirizing way, he didn't agree with the principle of quitting on top. He said he wanted to peter out, exhausted, out of gas.— Marvin Kitman also : having the character or appearance of satire directed at oneself or itself On the one hand, this brings us back to Bloom and his belief in a self-satirizing culture, in which reality is its own lampoon. — David L. Ulin "… How do you satirize the Internet when it's self-satirizing, you know?" — Bo Burnham … realized the whole thing was now so self-satirizing that no novel could do it justice. — Sarah Dunant
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game