Definition of self-renewal
: the act or process of renewing oneself or itself For a long time it has been assumed that heart muscle cells are incapable of self-renewal.— Lisa Melton More than 500 guests arrive annually between May 13 and Oct. 21 in pursuit of a back-to-basics, kick-in-the-pants approach to self-renewal: no caffeine, low salt, no refined sugar, no seconds.— Cynthia Dial
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game