Definition of self-raised
: raised by oneself: such as
a : collected without assistance from others self-raised funds
b : brought to maturity or self-sufficiency through one's own efforts In the midst of a growing trend of absentee parents and self-raised children …— Chris Martin
c : brought to maturity by oneself for one's own use or consumption self-raised crops Llamas are among the scores of animals on display at the fair. Young 4-H members show off their self-raised livestock …— Walter O'Brien
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game