Definition of self-locking
: locking by its own action a self-locking door a self-locking nut [=locknut] Simply use self-locking cable ties (available in the electrical department of any hardware store) to secure the grate …— Mattie Sue Athan and Dianalee Deter
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?