Definition of self-laceration
: the act or an instance of lacerating oneself: such as
a : the act or action of cutting or tearing one's own flesh … the self-laceration often results in sustained or permanent visible disfigurements to the body …— Armando Favazza
b : the act or action of rebuking or tormenting oneself Here his self-laceration finds expression in a series of adjectives that come tumbling out …— Harold Bloom
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- Must 'Collide' Mean Two Moving Objects?
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?