Definition of self-formed
: formed or developed by one's own efforts At present, teams in the U.S. are self-formed and made up of players who balance curling with their fulltime jobs.— Steve Douglas … the greatest pressure they felt was the pressure to act in fidelity and concordance with their self-formed identity and convictions.— Arthur Schwartz
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game