: having wrong or inaccurate information about a topic
- He was slightly misinformed on a few points of the discussion.
- They have found that some amateurs are greedy, destructive, and badly misinformed.
- —June Culp Zeitner
- The whole anchovy came later; and don't let a snooty, misinformed waiter make you feel stupid if you don't want some skanky little dead fish laid to rest atop your salad.
- —Clark Wolf
- " … Even the Press, being human, may be sometimes mistaken or misinformed … . "
- —Charles Dickens
: based on wrong or inaccurate information
- misinformed statements/claims
- Inadequate knowledge can contribute to misinformed attitudes about special education …
- —Carolyn Babione and Catherine Shea