Definition of self-existent
: existing of or by oneself or itself independently of any other being or cause : not caused to exist by someone or something else a self-existent universe "… the Judeo-Christian concept of God, which has God as uniquely self-existent."— William Lane Craig
Keep scrolling for more
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game