Definition of self-damning
1 : causing or leading to one's own condemnation or ruin his self-damning testimony
2 : condemning or criticizing oneself negative, self-damning thoughts is self-damning about his flaws Bernard Gallacher has long been his own most voluble critic. Nothing any observer could say would match his self-damning assessment of the defeat …— Ian Paul
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?