Definition of self-cultivation
: the development of one's mind or capacities through one's own efforts : self-culture The emphasis here is on education for self-cultivation rather than for jobs and on retirement and leisure rather than work.— O. B. Hardison, Jr.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- The Exceptions Quiz III Take the quiz
- Musical Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game