Definition of segregated
1a : set apart or separated from others of the same kind or group a segregated account in a bank
b : divided in facilities or administered separately for members of different groups or races segregated education
c : restricted to members of one group or one race by a policy of segregation segregated schools
2 : practicing or maintaining segregation especially of races segregated states
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game