Definition of sea-gate
(Entry 1 of 2)
: a long rolling swell of the sea
sea gatenoun (2)
Definition of sea gate (Entry 2 of 2)
1 : a way (as a gate, beach, or channel) that gives access to the sea
2 : a gate that serves as a protection against seas
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?