Definition of rosin oil
: an oily liquid obtained by destructive distillation of rosin and composed principally of hydrocarbons with some resin acids especially : the viscous fraction that boils higher than rosin spirit, that when crude is dark-colored and fluorescent and has a sharp odor, and that is used chiefly in making lubricating greases and printing inks, in impregnating paper coverings for electric cables, and in compounding with other oils
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game