Definition of rosin oil
: an oily liquid obtained by destructive distillation of rosin and composed principally of hydrocarbons with some resin acids especially : the viscous fraction that boils higher than rosin spirit, that when crude is dark-colored and fluorescent and has a sharp odor, and that is used chiefly in making lubricating greases and printing inks, in impregnating paper coverings for electric cables, and in compounding with other oils
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game