Definition of roll-on
(Entry 1 of 3)
: rubbed or spread on the body with a bottle that has a rolling ball set into its top a roll-on deodorant
Definition of roll-on (Entry 2 of 3)
: something (as deodorant) that is rubbed or spread on the body with a bottle that has a rolling ball set into its top deodorants sold as roll-ons, sprays, or sticks
Definition of roll on (Entry 3 of 3)
—used to say that one wants a time or event to come quickly Roll on Friday. I can't wait for the weekend!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game