roll inphrasal verb
rolled in; rolling in; rolls in
Definition of roll in
1 : to appear or arrive in large numbers or amounts The money has been rolling in.
2 : to arrive at a place especially later than usual or expected He finally rolled in at 3:30 in the morning.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?