Definition of reweigh
: to weigh (something or someone) again: such as
a : to take a new measurement of the heaviness of (something or someone) took out two oranges and reweighed the bag Those babies not regaining their birth weight by day 10 were reweighed at 2 weeks of age.— P. D. Macdonald et al.
b : to evaluate or consider (something) again reweighed the evidence … agonized over the advice, weighing and reweighing the pros and cons.— Barbara Gill
Keep scrolling for more
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game