Definition of reweigh
: to weigh (something or someone) again: such as
a : to take a new measurement of the heaviness of (something or someone) took out two oranges and reweighed the bag Those babies not regaining their birth weight by day 10 were reweighed at 2 weeks of age.— P. D. Macdonald et al.
b : to evaluate or consider (something) again reweighed the evidence … agonized over the advice, weighing and reweighing the pros and cons.— Barbara Gill
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
- Rapping on 'Bad Rap' and 'Bad Rep' (and 'Bad Wrap')
- 'Confuzzled': A Not So Confusing Definition
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game