Definition of revaccination
- The first vaccination is given after a cat is 16 weeks old. Thereafter, annual revaccination with a single dose is necessary for effective immunity.
- —Cat Fancy
- Revaccination produces protective antibody titers in only 18 to 25 percent of individuals who failed to respond to the initial immunization with hepatitis B vaccine.
- —Scientific American Medicine Bulletin
revaccinateplay \(ˌ)rē-ˈvak-sə-ˌnāt\ transitive verb revaccinated; revaccinating
- Make sure all dogs are vaccinated, and revaccinated if the immunization is more than two years old.
- —New England Farmer
- Therefore, if a cat's rabies vaccination expires anytime before April 1, 2017, the pet must be revaccinated prior to a 2016 cat license tag being issued.