retweeted; retweeting; retweets
Definition of retweet
: to repost (something, such as a message) to the Twitter online message service Garcia snapped a pic that was retweeted more than a thousand times.— Lee Jenkins … people who use Twitter … are rewarded with social validation when their tweets are retweeted … — The Economist
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game