Definition of repopulate
- As cougars repopulate much of their former range, however, they are also encountering humans more frequently.
- —William K. Stevens
- … captive breeding programs are helping to repopulate endangered species.
- —Mike Capuzzo
- In modern times it was depopulated when distant city jobs attracted its people, then repopulated by city people.
- —Jane Jacobs
- Any new bone-marrow cells can survive and repopulate the recipient's defense apparatus provided the markers on the cell surfaces are the same as those of the donor.
- —Lewis Thomas
repopulationplay \(ˌ)rē-ˌpä-pyə-ˈlā-shən\ noun
- The first step is the repopulation of buffalo, the Plains' signature animal.
- —Edmunds V. Bunkse
- … even high total doses of radiation … may not be effective in controlling tumors capable of accelerated repopulation, since the rate of cell division may outpace that of cell loss stemming from treatment.
- —Allen S. Lichter et al.