plural rents charge
Definition of rent charge
1 : a periodical payment made a charge on land by reservation in a conveyance of land for life or in fee simple or granted by deed and expressly giving to the holder who has no reversionary interest in the land the right of distress for arrears — compare rent seck
2 British : an annual sum charged on land or payable out of the income of land to which attaches a statutory power of distress for arrears
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?