Definition of renationalize
: to nationalize (something) again : to place (a private industry) back under the control or ownership of the national government Over the past five years, about a third of Russia's oil production has been effectively renationalized …— Fred Weir Nine banks were renationalized; two of them have been privatized once again and the rest will be sold off when their bad-debt problems have been cleaned up.— Robert Collier
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game