Definition of reimport
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : to bring (something, such as merchandise) back to the place or country from which it was imported Drug prices are often cheaper in Canada … . That inspired Congress to pass a law … permitting drugs from American manufacturers to be reimported back to the U.S. from Canada at Canadian prices.— John Calfee Ford's two remaining UK plants are … making engines which are exported to other EU countries for final assembly. Ford then reimports many of these engines in completed vehicles for sale in the UK. — The Irish Times reimported goods
2 : to import (something, such as files or data) again … locate the songs that will not play and manually drag them into the … window to reimport them. — CNET.com
Definition of reimport (Entry 2 of 2)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game