Definition of reconcentration
1 : the action of reconcentrating or the state of being reconcentrated To be sure, the reconcentration of home equity, while positive for those who own homes and for the overall stability of the economy, is regressive with respect to wealth distribution.— Charles Lane To forestall the rapid reconcentration of landownership he ruled that new lands could not be sold within twenty years …— Will Durant
2 : the action or policy of concentrating the rural population in or about towns for convenience in political or military administration (as in Cuba during the revolution of 1895–98) Because of the devastation left by the insurrection, the Spanish reconcentration policy and the summer war, his task in the rural areas was an elementary one of averting starvation and halting the spread of disease.— Jack C. Lan
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?