reacclimatized; reacclimatizing; reacclimatizes
Definition of reacclimatize
: to readapt (someone or something) to a new temperature, altitude, climate, environment, or situation : reacclimate reacclimatize indoor plants to outside conditions … their return ascent would have to be slow so their bodies could reacclimatize …— Trevor Corson
Keep scrolling for more
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game