reacclimated; reacclimating; reacclimates
Definition of reacclimate
: to readapt (someone or something) to a new temperature, altitude, climate, environment, or situation : to acclimate again reacclimated himself to the climate of his native country plants reacclimating to spring temperatures You'd be surprised how quickly the body acclimates to a change in environment. Perhaps I should say reacclimates, since you are returning to a situation with which your body is familiar. — Runner's World
Keep scrolling for more
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game