variants: or re-enlist
reenlisted or re-enlisted; reenlisting or re-enlisting
Definition of reenlist
2 intransitive : to enlist again decided to reenlist in/with the Navy … had recently emerged from the ranks of the Royal Army Medical Corps, in which he had re-enlisted two years after the end of the second war.— Anthony Powell
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game