variants: or re-enlistment
plural reenlistments or re-enlistments
Definition of reenlistment
1 : the act or an instance of enlisting again (as in the armed forces) or the state of being enlisted again reenlistment of soldiers The Navy came up with the idea in 1946, mainly to hype reenlistments.— Frank Deford Troops cannot be left in the desert indefinitely, and two of the Navy carriers should be heading home in the new year, or risk a sharp drop in re-enlistments.— John Barry
2 : the period of service for which one has reenlisted a four-year reenlistment
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game