variants: or razor edge
Definition of razor's edge
—used in various phrases to refer to a dangerous position or a position in which two different things are carefully balancedHe's a thrill-seeker who likes living on the razor's edge.The country's future is balanced on a razor's edge.He walks a/the razor edge between humor and bad taste in his comedy.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/15/19
- 'Cliché': We’ve Heard It All Before
- 'Bounty Hunter': A Hollywood Invention
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
Ask the Editors
- Pass the Little Ribbons: A Pasta Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game