variants: or razor edge
Definition of razor's edge
—used in various phrases to refer to a dangerous position or a position in which two different things are carefully balanced He's a thrill-seeker who likes living on the razor's edge.The country's future is balanced on a razor's edge.He walks a/the razor edge between humor and bad taste in his comedy.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game