variants: or razor edge
Definition of razor's edge
—used in various phrases to refer to a dangerous position or a position in which two different things are carefully balanced He's a thrill-seeker who likes living on the razor's edge.The country's future is balanced on a razor's edge.He walks a/the razor edge between humor and bad taste in his comedy.
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game