ray·on·ism | \ ˈrāəˌnizəm\
Definition of rayonism
: a painting style initiated in Russia in 1911 by Michael Larionov in which natural appearances are depicted as semiabstractions of radiating rays of light
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game