Definition of queso
: a dipping sauce of melted cheese and chopped chili peppers : chili con queso The author was never told in her Texas elementary school that if she ordered queso … or chalupas once she left home, she'd get only a plateful of disappointment.— Pete Wells The Mexican-inspired chain is offering free chips with guacamole or queso to customers who purchase their first order on its new smartphone app.— Aric Jenkins
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game