Definition of queso
: a dipping sauce of melted cheese and chopped chili peppers : chili con queso The author was never told in her Texas elementary school that if she ordered queso … or chalupas once she left home, she'd get only a plateful of disappointment.— Pete Wells The Mexican-inspired chain is offering free chips with guacamole or queso to customers who purchase their first order on its new smartphone app.— Aric Jenkins
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game