chili con quesonoun
variants: or chile con queso
Definition of chili con queso
: a dipping sauce of melted cheese and chopped chili peppers There was a good buffet in the dining room—ranging all the way from a … round of beef and whole turkeys and hams to our always reliable chili con queso.— Lady Bird Johnson There's nothing else in the world quite like the creamy, gooey decadence of Texas-style chili con queso.— Brad A. Johnson Rejoice, for the Tex-Mex staple chile con queso, the cheesy nectar of the gods, the dip that every chip aspires to be smothered in, is being tested in Chipotle's corporate kitchens and may soon be available on a menu near you.— Maura Judkis
— called also queso
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game