Synonym Discussion of quarrel
- a quarrel nearly destroyed the relationship
- wrangle interminably about small issues
- a loud public altercation
- a brief squabble over what to do next
Definition of quarrel
- many people quarrel with the idea
- —Johns Hopkins Magazine
- quarreled frequently with his superiors
- —London Calling
quarreleror quarreller noun
Examples of quarrel in a Sentence
The children quarrel all the time.
She and her husband are always quarreling about money.
I don't want to quarrel with you.
bandy words, butt heads, lock horns, mix it up;
QUARREL Defined for English Language Learners
Definition of quarrel for English Language Learners
: to argue about or disagree with something
QUARREL Defined for Kids
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up quarrel? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).