put in a plug foridiom
Definition of put in a plug for
: to say something on the radio, on television, etc., in order to create interest in (something, such as a book, movie, or restaurant) She put in a plug for the band's new album on her radio program.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game