put a crimp inidiom
Definition of put a crimp in
: to prevent (something) from happening or proceeding in the usual or desired way : to affect (something) badly The storm put a crimp in our travel plans. The extra expenses put a crimp in the company's budget.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game