pso·ro·sis | \ səˈrōsə̇s\
plural psoroses\ -ōˌsēz \
Definition of psorosis
: a virus disease of citrus trees affecting sweet oranges, tangerines, and grapefruit and characterized by scaly bark and exudation of gum and in the later stages retarded growth, small yellow leaves, and dieback of twigs
— called also scaly bark— compare leprosis
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game