le·pro·sis | \ lə̇ˈprōsə̇s\
Definition of leprosis
: a disease of the sweet orange of undetermined cause that is characterized by the spotting of smooth bark and fruits and by the scaling of the bark on the larger limbs and sometimes on the trunk
— called also nailhead rust, scaly bark— compare psorosis
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?