psam·mon | \ ˈsaˌmän\
Definition of psammon
: an ecological community consisting of the typically minute plants and animals that live in the water filling the interstices of sand adjacent to a body of fresh water also : the habitat utilized
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game